Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear Running: It's not you, it's me

Dear Running,

I know we've lost touch in the past couple of months, so I'd like to try to reconnect. Sure, we still see each other a few times per week, but it's often fleeting and lacking any kind of passion or meaning. I've tried to get that feeling again, either by running more, or running less, or reading books about running, but nothing seems to be working.


We had a lot of good times in 2012, but I needed to branch out in 2013 and try something new. Triathlons were fun, for sure. But... it's just not the same. I see you out there, everywhere I look, and it's like you've moved on without me. My friends are out there running half marathons that you & I have shared together in the past, and I'll admit it -- I'm jealous.

So here I am, playing with those memories again. I'd like to say I can be happy on my own without you, but that's just not true. I need you. I want you. I miss everything about you.

Please take me back. I promise not to put Air Supply and Barry Manilow on my ipod. Unless you're into that sort of thing, then let's go for it.

With Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment